Thursday, August 28, 2008

Olympia Art League - Betty's Dahlia's

Meeting Betty felt as if I was being introduced to Ann of Green Gables as a Grandmother. Betty met me when I got out of my car and entertained me with her stories and quick smile as she gave me a tour of their 20 acres. She told me that her husband bought their house and brought home 14 cows before they had even put up a fence. He also did an amazing graft job on an apple tree in her front yard - look for the photo, it's also displayed with the County Extension Office.

The other highlight of the morning for me was listening to Gloria Burton sing as I took photos. Her voice led me to a place of such beauty that I felt like I was floating somewhere between heaven and earth. It struck me that Gloria's words usually remind me of the way she paints. It's as if you are always stepping into a world of charm, encouragement and hopeful anticipation.

The dahlia's spoke to me about light, symmetry and movement.


Click to play Betty's Dahlia's
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: